Saturday, November 19, 2016

Week 47 Review: It Takes One

From Goodreads:
They say there are no secrets in a small town...

Criminal psychologist Audrey Harte is returning home after seven years. She'll have to face the whispers and the rumors that have haunted her family since she left. Because when Audrey was thirteen, she and her best friend Maggie killed Maggie's abusive father. 

Her first night back in town ends in a fight with a drunken Maggie, with her old crush Jake to witness it all. Audrey can't believe it can get worse. 

Then Maggie turns up dead. 

Now, Audrey has to find out who the murderer is - before everyone decides that she is to blame. And before the murderer can set their sights on her. 

It Takes One is the first in a brand new thriller series where a criminal psychologist uses her own dark past to help law enforcement catch dangerous killers.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic! I devoured it! It had an amazing mystery, and the characters were just amazing and broken, and I loved reading about them! And that ending, oh! I didn't expect it, but seeing it all come together, I loved it!

Audrey was pretty violent. She thought of her fists hitting other people, and when she was young was a trouble maker. And then her best friend, Maggie, tells Audrey that her father raped her. And when Audrey told, nobody believed her. So she and Maggie killed Maggie's father. Yeah.

This mystery is about Maggie dying. And Maggie wasn't the most stable of people. And that was something that was explored in this book, as well as her bisexuality. Maggie had a lot of layers, and Audrey investigated, even though she was a person of interest!

I'm so glad that I found these books because the 2nd was coming out, because that means that I can basically read these books back to back, and that's really fantastic because this book was just so enjoyable! I loved Audrey and Jake together, they're both not the average person, with her past, and his being a bit of a criminal!

Loved this book so much, and I can't wait to read Two to Play!

Author: Kate Kessler
Series: Audrey Harte #1
Read: November 18th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: It sounded really great! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Redhook
Published: April 26th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!