Saturday, November 19, 2016

Week 47 Review: Slices of Night

From Goodreads:
One killer: A psychopath who flies under the radar, moving from city to city, preying on the lost and forgotten.

Three investigators: Detective Stacy Killian from the New Orleans P.D., Nashville homicide lieutenant Taylor Jackson, and FBI profiler Maggie O'Dell--who witnessed some of the worst. And brought down some of the best.

Will this one slip through their grasps, as he has slipped through grasps of so many, for so long?

From three of today's most acclaimed thriller writers, SLICES OF NIGHT offers readers a sneak peek into the lives of three very different investigators, in three very different settings, as they hunt for a killer who's able to disappear into the night.

Erica Spindler, Alex Kava and J.T. Ellison bring you face to face with their own unique brands of evil. 

My Review:
I wasn't planning on reading this whole thing. But after reading Blood Sugar Baby by J.T. Ellison, and finding out that these short stories were connected, yeah, I just had to read the whole thing. Though I still didn't read it in order because I read it 2nd story, 3rd story, 1st story!

The fact that it's the same murderer in each one, moving from town to town, was the main reason I read all 3. Because yeah, he was the one that was doing all this, and they didn't catch him per say, because he was stopped from killing another person in a permanent way!

I do wish that I'd been able to read more of the other two series before I read this series, but like I said, I wasn't expecting to read it! Because the Erica Spindler story was the end of the series, but yeah, oh, well!

I really enjoyed watching these bits and pieces of these series! There was a different focus on each one, the first, finding the baby, the second, there was a mix of the crime and who the victim was, and the third and final was getting the bad guy! Awesome!

Loved reading this collection of stories! So fantastic to read!

Authors: J.T. Ellison, Alexa Kava, Erica Spindler
Series: Taylor Jackson #7.5, Maggie O'Dell #9.5, Stacy Killian #4.5, The Malones #5.5
Read: November 13th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I'm rereading the Taylor Jackson series, and I had to read this whole thing because it's linked!
Publisher: Two Tales Press
Published: December 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. This is one has all the authors that have been sitting on my tbr list for years in it. I do love a good anthology but I'm going to finally have to start these series soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a really great, though a bit short, anthology :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!