Saturday, November 26, 2016

Week 48 Review: Seriously Shifted

From Goodreads:
Tina Connolly's Seriously Shifted is a sparkling new adventure about teen witch Camellia and her mother, wicked witch Sarmine, introduced to readers in Seriously Wicked.

Teenage witch Cam isn't crazy about the idea of learning magic. She'd rather be no witch than a bad one. But when a trio of her mother's wicked witch friends decide to wreak havoc in her high school, Cam has no choice but to try to stop them.

Now Cam's learning invisibility spells, dodging exploding cars, and pondering the ethics of love potions. All while trying to keep her grades up and go on a first date with her crush. If the witches don't get him first, that is.

Can't a good witch ever catch a break?

My Review:
This book was hilarious! I'm so glad that there was a sequel, because the first book was so fantastic, and I wanted more, and I'm so glad that I did! And now I'm greedy, and I want a 3rd book, and maybe more! Yeah, this series is just so great!

In this book, Cam is learning spells and then casting them-while deciding what it means to be a good witch, and ethical. And she had a good yardstick to compare herself to-her mom's school group of witches and they game they play, that Cam got dragged into. Yeah.

There was also Devon and the aftereffects of the demon, and deciding who he is after all that was over. It didn't help that there was a witch casting spells on him that negatively impacted his musical performances! It was just so cute to watch them struggle with everything and their feelings!

Seeing Cam grow as a person and a witch was pretty awesome! And there were some other things, like how her father helped with hiding Leo's mom and Leo. And learning about shifters! And beating the bad guy, and how, because that was awesome!

I really, really hope that there's a 3rd book, so the mystery of Cam's dad's disappearance could be solved! Yeah. This book was really fantastic, and that's another reason why I want a 3rd book!

Author: Tina Connolly
Series: Seriously Wicked #2
Read: November 25th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loved the first book adn her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: November 1st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful second book in the series! I loved the smart voice of the protagonist, the shenanigans, and the twists I didn't see coming. I highly recommend this to everyone who loves young adult books.

    Riyanna
    San Diego Carpet Restoration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Agreed! I don't know how I didn't know when I found the 1st book that the other 2 were already out, but I love all 3 of them! They're so hilarious and intelligent!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!