Saturday, June 2, 2018

Week 22 Review: Jane, Unlimited

From Goodreads:
If you could change your story, would you?

Jane has lived a mostly ordinary life, raised by her recently deceased aunt Magnolia, whom she counted on to turn life into an adventure. Without Aunt Magnolia, Jane is directionless. Then an old acquaintance, the glamorous and capricious Kiran Thrash, blows back into Jane's life and invites her to a gala at the Thrashes' extravagant island mansion called Tu Reviens. Jane remembers her aunt telling her: "If anyone ever invites you to Tu Reviens, promise me that you'll go."

What Jane doesn't know is that at Tu Reviens her story will change; the house will offer her five choices that could ultimately determine the course of her untethered life. But every choice comes with a price. She might fall in love, she might lose her life, she might come face-to-face with herself. At Tu Reviens, anything is possible. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I knew going in that originally it was going to be a choose your own adventure, and then was changed into what it became, and I was really excited to read it, because yeah, it's something different!

I loved that we had that beginning, and then we got to this point where Jane had these 5 choices of who to go with, and then we got the stories of her making each choice. And these stories were all different, from the spy story to the multiple universes story. So great to read!

Another part that I loved was that there were a lot of the same beats, like the yelling that happened because of the fish statue, but Jane had different reactions, given her choice in each story. And how her presence or knowledge changed each story, because the first two stories, their events (the stolen painting and statue, and the family being helped) happened in each story. Perhaps most notably in the 3rd story, where the spy plot line had a pretty dire ending. The whole story did.

Of my favourites, I think the last one, where she followed Jasper, was my favourite. Then the 4th one where she followed Remi to his mom and was the multiple universes story. Then tied were the first two books, the art heist and the spy story. Last was the 3rd story where she followed Kiran. Yeah, that one was pretty depressing!

This book was strange and weird, and with each different choice story, we got a different genre, a different bit of weird, and was just so great to read!

Author: Kristin Cashore
Read: May 28th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a SAC 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Published: September 19th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so your review was amazing! I must add this to my "Want to Read" list at Goodreads! Glad to have found you on Kathryn's Book Date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And awesome :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!