Saturday, June 30, 2018

Week 26 Review: Double Blind

From Goodreads:
The #1 New York Times bestselling and Edgar Award winning authors are back with an electrifying new novel that will leave your heart racing.

Kendra Michaels, formerly blind and now a hired gun for law enforcement agencies who relies on her razor-sharp powers of observation, is reluctant to help the FBI with the most recent case they've brought to her. But then she hears the details: the body was found just blocks away from Kendra’s condo. The young woman was carrying an envelope with Kendra's name on it, and inside was an SD card with what appears to be an innocuous video of a wedding reception. The woman died trying to get the video to Kendra, but for what purpose? Before Kendra and the FBI can answer that question, the bride is abducted from her suburban home.

And so the hunt is on for a killer whose nightmarish plan is slowly becoming clear. A plan that involves a powerful law firm and a multi-billion dollar corporation. As the body count rises, Kendra joins forces with private investigator Jessie Mercado and agent-for-hire Adam Lynch to stop the plot as it grows ever closer to its terrifying conclusion.

In Double Blind, Iris and Roy Johansen deliver an emotional, gripping new entry in the bestselling Kendra Michaels series.

My Review:
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this book! I really enjoyed seeing these two together, the dance that they're doing of having a romantic relationship gets ever closer, which is so great to read! Plus there's a very interesting mystery, which I loved reading!

The mystery in this book, that this woman is killed with a video of a wedding reception and then those in the video are killed? Yeah, it's random, and that makes it all the more difficult! I really enjoyed the investigation and where it lead, because this was a bad guy and group that deserved to be taken down!

Yeah, we have Jessie again in this book! And things are personal in this book. And I can totally understand why, the whole situation was really frustrating! I mean, they were basically screwed over, and a chance to get back at them, yeah, I was like, go for it!

Yeah, with the ending of this book, it's a bit different. I would say it was more like the ending of Night Watch, where things aren't totally resolved, that there's still things to do, but yeah, overall, it's a pretty satisfying ending, and I Really enjoyed reading it!

This book was so amazing, and yeah, I can't wait for the next book!

Authors: Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen
Series: Kendra Micheals #6
Read: June 26th, 2018
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Expected Publication: July 17th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!