Saturday, June 23, 2018

Week 25 Review: #MurderTrending

From Goodreads:
WELCOME TO THE NEAR FUTURE, where good and honest citizens can enjoy watching the executions of society's most infamous convicted felons, streaming live on The Postman app from the suburbanized prison island Alcatraz 2.0. 

When seventeen-year-old Dee Guerrera wakes up in a haze, lying on the ground of a dimly lit warehouse, she realizes she's about to be the next victim of the app. Knowing hardened criminals are getting a taste of their own medicine in this place is one thing, but Dee refuses to roll over and die for a heinous crime she didn't commit. 

Can Dee and her newly formed posse, the Death Row Breakfast Club, prove she's innocent before she ends up wrongfully murdered for the world to see? Or will The Postman's cast of executioners kill them off one by one?

My Review:
I was really excited to read this book. I've really enjoyed Gretchen McNeil's books, and this one sounded intriguing, I mean, a island holding the worst of the worst, where they are filmed, and killed in pretty gruesome ways, yeah, that's different and interesting! And I really enjoyed how it was executed!

The idea that someone innocent would be sent to this island, that's a bit scary! I mean, being in prison while innocent, that sounds horrible. But on this island, being recorded, with betting and and the world watching, yeah, even worse!

Dee was a really great character! Well, all of them were, with their quirks, given that they'd all landed on this island/show. Dee had a past with secrets, and wasn't going to take this standing down. Her tenacity and the social media of people talking about what was going on where some of my favourite parts of this book!

I really enjoyed that ending! It was tricky, and clever, using framing and focus like in filming to good uses and keep us readers guessing until the end! Plus, there were some pretty creative threats posed by the bad guys, and survival techniques!

This book was really awesome, and I can't wait to see how the next book is going to play out!

Author: Gretchen McNeil
Series: #MurderTrending #1
Read: June 17th, 2018
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2018 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Freeform Books
Expected Publication: August 1st 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!