Saturday, October 12, 2019

Week 41 Review: Steelheart

From Goodreads:
David wants Steelheart — one of the Epics said to be invincible, who killed David's father. For ten years, David has studied and planned for revenge. He wants to join the Reckoners. These rebels assassinate the Epics, super-powered tyrants. He has seen Steelheart bleed.

My Review:
This book was a fantastic read! This world with the Calamity and Epics, yeah, it's so interesting, and I can't wait to explore more in the future books! I really enjoyed this book, it's a sci fi world, with a almost heist like feel, except that the prize is killing Steelheart, which is a pretty bloody and dangerous undertaking!

David was pretty awesome, he's dedicated his life to taking down Steelheart. I loved how clumsy he was with his metaphors, and how he grew relationships with the other members of the Reckoners. He was a fantastic narrator!

Their investigation into Steelheart's weakness was pretty interesting. Because weaknesses are strange and can be pretty particular-and they only have the one incident that proves he has one in the first place. Figuring out what that was made for really entertaining reading!

I loved the two main twists! If you've read the synopsis' of the next two books, than you know what those twists are. But man, they're so well written and woven into the story so well, I just adore them! I can't wait to read more about them and this world and with these characters! I'm so excited!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Brandon Sanderson
Series: The Reckoners #1
Read: October 10th, 2019
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2019 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Ember
Published: September 24th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!