Saturday, October 19, 2019

Week 42 Review: Rules for Vanishing

From Goodreads:
In the faux-documentary style of The Blair Witch Project comes the campfire story of a missing girl, a vengeful ghost, and the girl who is determined to find her sister--at all costs.

Once a year, the path appears in the forest and Lucy Gallows beckons. Who is brave enough to find her--and who won't make it out of the woods?

It's been exactly one year since Sara's sister, Becca, disappeared, and high school life has far from settled back to normal. With her sister gone, Sara doesn't know whether her former friends no longer like her...or are scared of her, and the days of eating alone at lunch have started to blend together. When a mysterious text message invites Sara and her estranged friends to "play the game" and find local ghost legend Lucy Gallows, Sara is sure this is the only way to find Becca--before she's lost forever. And even though she's hardly spoken with them for a year, Sara finds herself deep in the darkness of the forest, her friends--and their cameras--following her down the path. Together, they will have to draw on all of their strengths to survive. The road is rarely forgiving, and no one will be the same on the other side.

My Review:
Oh, man, this book was dark and twisted and I absolutely loved it! Such a fantastic read espcailly during fall and Halloween, I loved the idea of this road, and the journey to find her sister! And as it kept going, I had no idea where it would lead, and I couldn't wait to find out!

The whole mythos of the road, and the rules, were pretty interesting. We learned a bit about the history, and there was a bit of a mystery there, that I enjoyed learning about. I do wonder, was just going to this town it's only job? It seems like there'd be more, since part of the myth was getting a wish granted...

This book was written so well, because there were moments where I was like, what? That's not what it said before, that's not right. And then there was that one reveal, and then it made sense. And that happened a few times, and it was so fantastic!

The ending, it's not spelled out what happened. But we got little bits of their lives now, so we can kinda read between the lines of what happened. So that was pretty great! Though I still have a few questions-who gathered the material from the Doctor, and who wanted it?

Yeah, this book was such a fantastic read, and I enjoyed it, so, so, so much! Can't wait to read more by Kate Alice Marshall!

Author: Kate Alice Marshall
Read: October 14th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2019 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Published: September 24th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!