Saturday, January 4, 2020

Week 1 Review: The Bridge Kingdom

From Goodreads:
What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy? 

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge Kingdom controls all trade and travel between lands, allowing its ruler to enrich himself and deprive his enemies, including Lara's homeland. So when she is sent as a bride under the guise of fulfilling a treaty of peace, Lara is prepared to do whatever it takes to fracture the defenses of the impenetrable Bridge Kingdom.

But as she infiltrates her new home - a lush paradise surrounded by tempest seas - and comes to know her new husband, Aren, Lara begins to question where the true evil resides. Around her, she sees a kingdom fighting for survival, and in Aren, a man fiercely protective of his people. As her mission drives her to deeper understanding of the fight to possess the bridge, Lara finds the simmering attraction between her and Aren impossible to ignore. Her goal nearly within reach, Lara will have to decide her own fate: Will she be the destroyer of a king or the savior of her people? 

My Review:
Wow, this book was so fantastic and amazing! I loved this world, of the Bridge Kingdom and the precarious place that it's in, and these characters Lara and Aren, royalty to countries having an agreement for a marriage. So fantastic!

I hit a block on reading this book and her other new book, Dark Shores-it hit my button of things are going to go wrong, that they'll get worse before they get better. And I just had to work my my through it. I mean, right now, after reading this one pivotal moment, I'm still actually shaking, because oh, this didn't have to happen! And it's going to cause such awful events, I just know it! Like, I know books have to torture characters, for conflict and entertainment for us readers. But this tortured me, because I knew what was going to happen and they didn't, and oh, I wanted for them to avoid the coming pain, so much!

Lara and her sisters, as she learns, were raised to be fanatics. And some of her thoughts just made me cringe, because she saw things in black and white, and she didn't know everything. When she learned the truth, that was a pretty intense moment!

Watching these two circle each other made for fantastic reading! That she could be a spy, that he's a king in charge of a kingdom in a hard place...I loved watching their sparring, their attraction, as they fell in love, but more importantly, to this story, that they trusted each other. Oh, how that made me have the feels!

Loved reading this book so much, and I'm so glad that the sequel is coming out next month!

Author: Danielle L. Jensen
Series: The Bridge Kingdom #1
Read: January 2nd, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: I love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Danielle J. Jensen
Published: August 13th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!