Thursday, June 30, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo Anyone? And JulNo

Calling out all writers-Camp Nano starts July 1st at 12 AM! So for me, that means 6 more hours! WHOO! Can't wait for it to start!

Here's some links to help you get ready:
Camp Nano
Nano Forum of Camp Nano
Welcome to Camp Nano on Nano

Camp Nano is basically Nano in July, where we are betaing (those of us that are participating in July) and then OLL (Office of Letters and Light) will have all the features up for August. You have, if you want to participate, 3 choices. 1. you participate in July. 2. you participate in August. 3. You participate in July and August. Your choice. Me, personaly, since I'm crazy, I'm going with #3.

For Camp Nano, I'm going to try and get 50k on "Reason of Rhyme" this is the plot:
A twelve year old MC with no name- or at least no one ever learns his name- from a poor, drunk family with the strange speech impediment of only being able to say things that rhyme with the last word he heard (thus earning him the nickname Rhyme, later) is taken in by a seventeen-year-old scientific/mechanical genius boy who wishes to overthrow the government for fun with the help of a 29-year-old assassin he's blackmailing into joining him. The strange trio gains members through the world of rather scary crazies, in a germophobic computer nerd and extremely feminist sharpshooter.


And if you want to be friends on Camp Nano, here's my profile, and here's my profile for nano.

But wait! There's more! There's also the July wrimo! And that is JulNoWriMo! Since I'm very insane, I'm going to be doing JulNo and Camp Nano at the same time! So my collective WC for this month will be at least 100k. Which is good, since my monthly goal is 86k :)

Come check out the most popular thread on JulNo, the High School JulNo'ers! We're so insane, that we're already on page 332 and JulNo hasn't even started yet! And we'll welcome college and middle school kids, as well (Middle school is also known as Junior High, and sometimes even Elementry School, it's Gr. 5-8, HS is 9-12, and Elementry is K-4, I know, my school system is the best, and you guys are all jealous)

Here's my profile on Julno, and here's the plot of What Happens Then, Happens Now:
FMC and her mother have just moved into a new house, in a small, remote town in the middle of no where. On the way into town, FMC saw a statute erected in the center of town, dedicated to the 'thousands who lost their lives.' FMC, however, pays no attention until she goes into the attic of her new house and notices a trunk that wasn't their before. There are initials engraved on the trunk. She opens the trunk, and amid the (I chose 30s, but it can be any era) clothing, she finds a journal. Inside the journal, a teenage girl, about the FMCs age, details her daily life, which all seems normal except for seeing odd black shadows in the corner of her eye. Otherwise, life is normal until she mentions her best friend blew off her, and their boyfriends, and was then seen walking down the street. However, her best friend has no recollection. Four days later, her best friend is dead, and more and more people are beginning to forget. Soon, her mother is ill and the black shadows are becoming more and more frequent. Half the town is falling ill, screams rock the night, and people are dying left and right. The journal ends with the young girl saying the Mayor has quarantined the town, and that the darkness and pain is overpowering, then she trails off. The FMC closes the book and shivers, then goes downstairs to Google the name of the girl in the diary. A link shows her a website dedicated to the story of "Jasey Rae Jackson (this was the name I chose for the girl in the diary)" and how a mysterious disease began with her best friend, and wiped out 80% of the towns population, before ending with Jasey herself. As the FMC brushes it off, she begins to see similar dark shadows in the corner of her eye, and wonders how much of Jasey's story was true, and what will happen now she's experiencing the same thing that teenage girl did decade earlier.... I happened to leave off with my FMC (Annie) seeing shadows in the corners of her eyes.



Hope to see you on both sites! Happy crazy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!