Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 22 Review: The Presence

From Goodreads:
Sometimes closing your eyes doesn't help. . .

Toni MacNally and her friends think they've hit on the ultimate money making plan. Buy an ancient run-down Scottish castle. Turn it into a tourist destination. Sweep visitors into a reenactment that combines fact and fiction, complete with local history, murder and an imaginary laird named Bruce MacNiall.

But when the castle's actual owner - a tall, dark and formidable Scot who shares the fictional laird's name - comes charging in, Toni is shocked. How is it possible he even exists? Toni invented Bruce MacNiall for the performance. . .yet every particle of his being is eerily familiar.

Soon the group is drawn into a real-life murder mystery; young women are being killed, and their bodies dumped nearby. And Toni is having sinister lifelike dreams in which she sees through the eyes of the killer - dreams that suggest a connection to Laird MacNiall. Bruce claims he wants to help catch the murderer. But can Toni trust him. . .especially when his ghostly double wanders the forest in the black of night?


My Review:
This book was pretty good, I read it quickly, and there was a good plot, and good characters. A bit peeved with all the italics, it made it a bit harder to read, and there where whole sections of the book, whole pages, that where italicized, but I dealt, and I finished the book.

I loved the book, and the characters, the plot was good, and the setting was awesome, I just really enjoyed it. It was a great book, and those that like paranormal romances should check it out!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: Harrison Investigation
Read: June 3rd, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoy Heather Graham books!
Publisher: Mira
Published: December 28th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!