Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 5 Review: Killer Frost

From Goodreads:
I've battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it's going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I've got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I'm no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike's Champion, but at heart, I'm still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.

My Review:
Wow, oh, wow, what a great ending to a spectacular series! So much happens in this book, from her grandma being kidnapped, to her finally, finally, defeating Loki, for once and for all, through brains, not brawn, and yeah, tricking the trickster god, that was awesome!

Gwen came into her own personal power, not her touch power, but the potential power that each person has, to be in control of our selves, to know your limits, and an idea of how not to exceed them, to know your morals, and to stick to them.Yeah, that was pretty darned great!

I loved how everything came together, the artefacts of power that have been slowly finding their way into the hands of Gwen and her friends, and how her bracelet from the last book helped weaken Loki, to her cousin and cousin's aunt, came back from the 5th book, because it did seem a bit random to have them introduced at the 3rd last hour. So yeah, loved how that all came together!

And then that things were happy, and they were cleaning up, and yeah, that hope for a brighter future, for the first time in a while, there doesn't have to be another battle, yeah, that ending was just really great, that hope, and wonder for the possibilities!

Yeah, loved this book, loved this series, I'm going to have to reread it soon!!!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Mythos Academy #6
Read: January 26th, 2014
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love this series! And it's a End of Series 2014 Book, LLFL Book, and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Kensington Books
Expected Publication: February 25th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!