Saturday, May 30, 2015

Week 22 Review: Ask Again Later

From Goodreads:
Despite what her name might suggest, Heart has zero interest in complicated romance. So when her brilliant plan to go to prom with a group of friends is disrupted by two surprise invites, Heart knows there's only one drama-free solution: flip a coin.

Heads: The jock. He might spend all night staring at his ex or throw up in the limo, but how bad can her brother's best friend really be?

Tails: The theater geek...with a secret. What could be better than a guy who shares all Heart's interests--even if he wants to share all his feelings?

Heart's simple coin flip has somehow given her the chance to live out both dates. But where her prom night ends up might be the most surprising thing of all...

My Review:
This was such a great book to read! And while the "somehow given her the chance to live out both dates" think, well, it does imply that Heart knows that she lives out both, but she doesn't. Which just makes mentions of her knowing something that happened on one, just all the more cute!

It was a bit confusing, the further into the story we got, for me, with the heads and tails, and keeping track of what had happened in what, sure, there were some common events, like her dress ripping, but when the chapters had more and more back and forth, well, that involved flipping back pages to find out what had happened before in this coin toss side!

There were some pretty high notes in both sides, and some low notes, like receiving an unwanted kiss from the Jock, and then having her brother act like nothing happened. But I really enjoying having her tell her brother off, I hope it happened, or was remembered, by the end!

Though it was a bit confusing, I loved how the book started together, split into heads and tails after the flip, and then at the end, came together, because while the events were different, they were similar, and ended in the same place! That was really great!

Really fantastic, sweet book! Kinda reminded me of Ditched, another prom story, and a another book I enjoyed as much as this one!

Author: Liz Czukas
Read: May 26th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 11th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. no favorite lines? It sounds like a chirpy kind of book I usually avoid, but I might read it because you like it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps, forgot to put the marker in! And it was chirpy, but it was hilarious, and really awesome! I do hope you read it, and enjoy it!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!