Saturday, May 30, 2015

Week 22 Review: We Were Liars

From Goodreads:
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

My Review:
This book left me feeling a bit unsettled. And empty. And I'm not quite too sure what I feel about it, because of that, and because of the instruction that if anyone asked about the ending, to lie, when I want to put some of that in this review.

I don't know why I'm writing this review so soon after finishing reading it. I'm conflicted, and I think I should give it time to settle. But I need to get it out to settle, plus just to actually write the review. Yeah, conflicted!

This is the story about a girl, and her 3 closest friends, family, the Liars. And it takes place during two summers, the current year, and then the events of the summer 2 years ago. Because she can't remember most of what happened then. And this book is the mystery of her figuring it out.

I have to say, even if the ending gave me all these feelings, and even if some of the words in the synopsis are "destructive," "accident," and "secret," that the ending was kinda beautiful, in it's own way. Because it was stark, and honest, with everything revealed, with things making sense. Even if what the picture painted was what it was.

This is a book that really makes you think about things, like the casual wealth, choices, and yeah, it was a pretty meaningful book! And I might not know all of my feelings about this book, but I do know that I loved it!

Author: E. Lockhart
Read: May 23rd, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, lots of people enjoyed it, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Delecorte Press
Published: May 13 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!