Saturday, October 28, 2017

Week 43 Review: A Conspiracy of Stars

From Goodreads:
Octavia has only ever had one goal: to follow in the footsteps of her parents and become a prestigious whitecoat, one of the scientists who study the natural wonders of Faloiv. The secrets of the jungle's exotic plants and animals are protected fiercely in the labs by the Council of N'Terra, so when the rules suddenly change, allowing students inside, Octavia should be overjoyed.

But something isn't right. The newly elected leader of the Council has some extremist views about the way he believes N'Terra should be run, and he's influencing others to follow him. When Octavia witnesses one of the Faloii—the indigenous people of Faloiv—attacked in front of her in the dark of night, she knows the Council is hiding something. They are living in separate worlds on a shared planet, and their fragile peace may soon turn into an all-out war.

With the help of Rondo, a quiet boy in class with a skill for hacking, and her inquisitive best friend, Alma, Octavia is set on a collision course to discover the secrets behind the history she's been taught, the science she's lived by, and the truth about her family.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! It just grabbed me, and I had to read more! I really enjoyed reading about Octavia, Rondo and Alma! Their world was so interesting, though the focus on science was a bit much, there has to be a balance!

Octavia is different, though she didn't know it at first. Differences became apparent while society was starting to drown in fear, which means poor decision making! There were also secrets, and a new direction in goals. Which wasn't good for anybody, not they they knew that, or if they did, they didn't care. Well, besides the good guys! But that's that's something that separates good guys from bad guys!

The thing about the bad guys in this book, well, that attitude that of "I'm human, I deserve what I want, and I want more," it's why the Origin Planet, AKA Earth, is no longer hospitable for humans. It's like, haven't we learned, already? So aggravating!

The ending was really heart-pounding! Some pretty awful things were done, like altering the native species to fit our needs, eating meat, which they weren't supposed to do. But yeah, that ending took the cake, and added a milkshake with a cherry on top! Wow! So much potential of where to go from here!

This book was just incredible, and I can't wait for the 2nd book!

Author: Olivia A. Cole
Series: Untitled Duology #1
Read: October 23rd, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really fantastic, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Expected Publication: January 2nd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!