Saturday, February 10, 2018

Week 6 Review: The Last Wolf

From Goodreads:
For three days out of thirty, when the moon is full and her law is iron, the Great North Pack must be wild. 

If she returns to her Pack, the stranger will die. 
But if she stays...

Silver Nilsdottir is at the bottom of her Pack's social order, with little chance for a decent mate and a better life. Until the day a stranger stumbles into their territory, wounded and beaten, and Silver decides to risk everything on Tiberius Leveraux. But Tiberius isn't all he seems, and in the fragile balance of the Pack and wild, he may tip the destiny of all wolves...

My Review:
This book was so engaging! I just had to read it! I really liked the recommendation to read it, and when I saw it, well, I just had to read it, and right away, because I'd just read 5 amazing books, and then couldn't figure out what to read! This book was perfect for the mini-reading slump! And would be for any others, too, because the recommendation from Jeaniene Frost basically said the same thing!

It's kinda funny, I didn't get the title until after I was finished and onto other books. I thought it meant the last wolf, period. But it means the last wolf in the pack, the lowest. And with the pack dynamics, a great part of this world, that means something. But since she was the alpha's niece, well, there were a few moments of spunk. And with Ti, there were a whole lot more, because she can show it!

The author has stated that these wolves are vulnerable for the 3 days that they have to be wild. And that's a big difference from other werewolf books. Then there's Pack and Shifters. I really enjoyed all that, because it's central, because Ti is both.

There's humour in this book, but it creeps in when you're least expecting it! Like all the examples in the beginning that Silver could draw from that meant that he was a lousy wolf. It added a lightness, and with the seriousness of their futures, well, that was needed!

I loved this book, and I'm excited for the sequel! I can't wait for it!

Author: Maria Vale
Series: The Legend of All Wolves #1
Read: February 6th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: February 6th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!