Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 48 Review: Navigating the Stars

From Goodreads:
Navigating the Stars is the first book in a new science fiction series. 

Terra Cotta Warriors have been discovered on other planets in the Milky Way Galaxy. And Lyra Daniels' parents are the archaeological Experts (yes with a capital E) on the Warriors and have dragged her to the various planets to study them despite the time dilation causing havoc with her social life. 

When one of the many Warrior planets goes silent, and looters attack her research base, Lyra becomes involved in discovering why the Warriors were placed on these planets. And, more importantly, by who.

My Review:
Oh, yeah, wow, I loved reading this book! Maria V. Sndyer is one of my top favourite authors, and I'll basically read anything by her (I can't take middle grade because I'm too old for it for myself, and don't have anybody to read it to) so I just had to read this book! And it was so fantastic!

The world of the Terra Cotta Warriors, yeah, while this book only introduces the mysteries and gives some maybe answers, there's still so much to be explored, and I can't wait! The threat of the shadow-blobs, who built the Terra Cotta Warriors and how did that process result in the spirits like the General that Lyra saw, be there to fight the shadow-blobs?

Lyra was a pretty awesome character. She was smart and she had a mouth on her! Loved some of her comebacks, and the snark and one liners! And her relationships with the Radcliff, son and father. Yeah, those were pretty epic, and were different relationships, but similar people with similar reactions. So great!

That ending, yeah, it's bittersweet in different ways. For us readers, it means the end of the book and the wait for the next one. For the characters, it's the events that happened, the losses, and the wins, and the hope for the future. And I want more!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Maria V. Sndyer
Series: Sentinels of the Galaxy #1
Read: November 29th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I absolutely love her writing! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Maria V. Snyder
Published: November 19th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!