Saturday, December 22, 2018

Week 51 Reviews: Valkyrie Symptoms, Valkyrie Rising


From Goodreads:
VALKYRIE SYMPTOMS is a short story prequel told from Tuck's point of view, one day prior to the events that take place in Valkyrie Rising.

From Goodreads:
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she'll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she's there. 

What Ellie doesn't anticipate is Graham's infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there's suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it's up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

My first review of Valkyrie Rising
My Review:
These stories were so great to read! I love this take on Norse Mythology, it's very different, and even 6 years later, it's still not really something that I've seen around, so yeah, it's exactly what I like! Plus, they were just so darned entertaining to read!

So I hadn't read Valkyrie Symptoms before, and I'm glad that I did, it was really interesting to be in Tuck's head, even for a short period of time. It allows us to see the dynamics of his relationships with Graham and Ellie before everything goes crazy in Vakyrie Rising. So that was really fantastic!

I basically forgot everything that happened in Valkyrie Rising. I mean, it's been so long since I first read it, and I have a horrible memory anyways. I remembered bits and pieces, but not things like Odin was kinda the bad guy, and Loki kinda helpful, or how Tuck was a part of this world. So it was fantastic to read it again!

I am a little sad that we didn't get a full series. There's so much potential, and I would've really loved to explore it. Alas, and I don't know why, we didn't, and since it's been around 5 years, almost 6, since Valkyrie Symptoms came out, well, it's most likely never going to happen. It sucks, but it happens. At least we get to enjoy what we did get!

Loved reading these stories, they were so fantastic!

Author: Ingrid Paulson
Series: Valkyrie #0.5, 1
First Read: January 27th, 2013
Read: December 18th, 20th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike, Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Books!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: February 5th 2013, October 9th 2012

Valkyrie Symptoms:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars










Valkyrie Rising:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!