Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 48 Review: These Precious Scars

From Goodreads:
Jun Bei, Cole, Anna, Leoben, Ziana. Five children with extraordinary potential.

They don't get many visitors at the remote laboratory where they live under the eye of legendary geneticist, Lachlan Agatta. The man and woman who arrive are nothing like the others.

They're from Cartaxus and offer the children something rare and unfathomable: escape.

But freedom means different things to the five children. For one of them, getting want they want may mean betraying everyone else.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this story! I wish that I'd read This Cruel Design with it, but yeah, I ran out of time this week. Opps. But I'll read it soon, and I did enjoy this book! I really enjoyed reading about the kids when they were kids, and before everything happened!

So one thing that I really enjoyed, was that for each chapter, we had a different kid narrate. So we get to be in all of their heads, and that was really great, given that we haven't met of of them in This Mortal Coil!

We were only told about how Lachlan was as the lead scientist in charge of the experiment that is the kids, but that isn't seeing it. It was pretty cruel, they weren't treated like humans, really, let alone like children. They had a very unchildlike chiildhood!

This story has 2 big events in it. It has the start of Cole and Leo becoming the soldiers that we met in the first book. It also has Jun Bei betraying Leo by telling Lachlan about how he has get Leo feeling different emotions to get different results. Bad Jun Bei!

Loved this story and I need to read This Cruel Design, I'm so excited for it!

Author: Emily Suvada
Series: This Mortal Coil #0.5
Read: November 29th, 2018
Source: Online
Reason Why: Loved the first book and I needed to read more! And it's a 2018 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Published: September 25th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!