Saturday, November 2, 2019

Week 44 Review: Cast in Wisdom

From Goodreads:
SOMETHING IS WAKING

The fiefs that exist at the heart of the city of Elantra are home to sentient Towers that guard the world against the incursion of Shadow. But between the fiefs exists the gray world of the border zone. In it, geography changes between one passage across a border and the next. The rules of magic are different there—and yet somehow familiar to Kaylin Neya.

When a Shadow escapes, Kaylin must find out how…and why. If Shadows can breach the barrier erected by the Towers, the whole of Elantra will be devoured. It's happened on other worlds. Bellusdeo, Kaylin's Dragon companion, absolutely believes it can happen on theirs.

The border zone holds secrets and ancient histories, and people are gathering there in search of its power. Without even understanding what that power is, or why it exists, Kaylin is in a desperate race against time to find those secrets first. She doesn't know who her enemies are. She doesn't know how many she'll face. But she won't face them alone. 

My Review:
Oh, wow, I loved reading this book! The next installment of this series is always an anticipated read for me. This book was put up yesterday (November 1st, 2019 if you don't want to search for dates) and I saw it around 4 pm my time. I had to tear myself away from it to eat, but I finished it just before midnight. I just had to devour it, that's how much this series means to me!

One small aside, but a really exciting, happy thing happened in this book, and each time it was mentioned, I had a little spark of joy, because I'm so glad that it happened. It's really early on, and was just a relatively small thing in the grand scheme of things, but in our little corner, it's pretty bit! 

In this book, we explore the border zones, which catch interest while they're dealing with how Spike got through the border between the fiefs and Ravellon. In a way, this book is like Oblivion. It's something big, that's been worked towards, thought of, for a while and is going to change the world. We just didn't know about it. Also similarly to Oblivion, about 1/3 is setting things up, and 2/3rds is going on this adventure

We met Killian, and he's a pretty interesting character. Really enjoyed watching all of that unfold, I had no idea where it would go, but I had a hope and a guess for the future, and I thoroughly enjoyed how it all played out!

Absolutely loved reading this book, it was just so fantastic!

Author: Michelle Sagara
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #15
Read: November 1st, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: January 28th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!