Saturday, November 23, 2019

Week 47 Review: Wicked Saints

From Goodreads:
A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself.

A prince in danger must decide who to trust.

A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings. 

Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war.

In a centuries-long war where beauty and brutality meet, their three paths entwine in a shadowy world of spilled blood and mysterious saints, where a forbidden romance threatens to tip the scales between dark and light. Wicked Saints is the thrilling start to Emily A. Duncan's devastatingly Gothic Something Dark and Holy trilogy..

My Review:
Oh, wow, this book was a fantastic read! The series name is very apt, and I can't wait to see where the story is going to go! I absolutely loved spending time in this world with these characters, it's dark and interesting and there's so many mysteries!

I think there's a bit of a Russian influence on this book. Or maybe a lot. There's names and nicknames that seem in the same vein. And this style was hard to get into, to get the names straight, which is why I started it months ago, put it down, and then picked it up again just now.

There are two main strengths and focuses on this book, for me. One, is the characters and their motivations. They are tossed into this precarious situation, and it's amazing! The second is the magic and the world, and I'm so fascinated by how it all works, and I need to know more!

That ending was just incredible! I don't know how it all worked, but it was really awesome to read! But man, is there going to be fall out from that, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen! This was a world changer, guys!

Loved this book so much, it was a wonderful read, and I can't wait for the sequel, and I'm glad that I don't, so hopefully I'll read it next week!

Author: Emily A. Duncan
Series: Something Dark and Holy #1
Read: November 20th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Wednesday
Published: April 2nd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!