Saturday, November 30, 2019

Week 48 Review: Seven Crows

From Goodreads:
An ex-con tracks down the men who have kidnapped her niece in this gritty and visceral thriller.

Killian Delaney has a skewed moral compass, a high threshold for pain, and has just been released from prison to discover that someone has taken her niece.

Killian does not hesitate. Loyalty is the most important thing in her life, and when she gets a call from her sister saying that her daughter is missing, Killian immediately begins hunting down the men responsible.

She quickly discovers her niece was involved with a notorious biker gang who are engaged in everything from drugs to human trafficking. And to make it worse, the man who sent Killian to jail, the one she nearly beat to death, is at the center of it all.

To save her niece, she'll need a plan. A smart, quick, and efficient one. Because she's going to do it right this time. She'll burn them to the ground.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic! I love reading Kate Kessler books, and yeah that this is going to be a series, because that means either more time with these characters, or with this Initiate, which I think is the group, and that'd be fantastic!

This book was kinda intense. I mean, there's some pretty nasty action scenes with guns blazing. And that there some bad biker gangs, there's some kidnapping/imprisonment scenes as well as rape. Her books have a theme of being dark, but yeah, it was pretty intense in this book!

There's some mystery in this book, as to why Killian has the Seven Crows tattoo, of a secret, and I just wanted to know what that was. It turns out there were 2 that she was keeping, both very personal and important to her!

That ending, wow, I didn't expect it to go that way! After everything that happened, Killian did learn a few things along the way, and yeah, I really enjoyed how it all played out! And I'm hopeful for a happy future!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to see where this series is going to go!

Author: Kate Kessler
Series: The Initiate Series #1
Read: November 29th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and yeah, it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Redhook
Published: October 8th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!