Saturday, November 9, 2019

Week 45 Review: The Toll

From Goodreads:
In the highly anticipated finale to the New York Times bestselling trilogy, dictators, prophets, and tensions rise. In a world that’s conquered death, will humanity finally be torn asunder by the immortal beings it created?

Citra and Rowan have disappeared. Endura is gone. It seems like nothing stands between Scythe Goddard and absolute dominion over the world scythedom. With the silence of the Thunderhead and the reverberations of the Great Resonance still shaking the earth to its core, the question remains: Is there anyone left who can stop him?


The answer lies in the Tone, the Toll, and the Thunder.


My Review:
Wow, this book was so fantastic! I mean, I was expecting that after the amazing sauce ness of the past 2 books, but expectations aren't always reality. It was for this book! There were so many things to deal with, from Goddard being out of control, all of humanity being marked as unsavory besides Greyson, and what the heck was the failsafe! I just loved reading this book!

I really enjoyed seeing all these different sides. From Faraday on the island, to Anastasia and Rowan being brought back, and Greyson all over the place. We met some new characters, as well, which was really great! There were also the asides, like the many conversations that led to deletions, and the commentary on The Toll, which was strange, but then we got to the end, and it made sense! Loved that!

We knew going in that we'd learn more about the scythe rings. It was shocking as promised, but it also made total sense. And then there's the mystery we didn't know about that needed to be solved, with those dates associated with the catastrophes that proved space travel too risky. Yeah. I mean, there were barely mentioned that I remember, and they're kinda important to this book!

There's just two things. Did the fail safe affect the ships that got away? I wouldn't think so, but I'm not sure. The other thing, I wish that Faraday had gotten a chance to say goodbye. It was sad that he didn't get to. Understandable, but sad!

Loved this book, it was such a incredible end to the series!

Author: Neal Shusterman
Series: Arc of a Scythe #3
Read: November 5th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loved the first two books, and it's a 2019 Dystopia Book, End of Series 2019 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: November 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. This is my most-anticipated book of the year, and I STILL DON’T HAVE A COPY. I need to fix that ASAP. I need to know what happens! I’m glad you liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is an awful situation! Hope you got to read it soon! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!