Saturday, November 30, 2019

Week 48 Review: Serpent & Dove

From Goodreads:
Bound as one to love, honor, or burn.

Two years ago, Louise le Blanc fled her coven and took shelter in the city of Cesarine, forsaking all magic and living off whatever she could steal. There, witches like Lou are hunted. They are feared. And they are burned.

Sworn to the Church as a Chasseur, Reid Diggory has lived his life by one principle: thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. His path was never meant to cross with Lou's, but a wicked stunt forces them into an impossible union—holy matrimony.

The war between witches and Church is an ancient one, and Lou's most dangerous enemies bring a fate worse than fire. Unable to ignore her growing feelings, yet powerless to change what she is, a choice must be made.

And love makes fools of us all. 

My Review:
Wow, this book was so fantastic, and such a thrill ride! I had started it before it was published, but then other books demanded to be read, so I just started over, and just couldn't put it down! It was such an enticing book! Loved it so much!

The world and how the magic works, it's so interesting, and I can't wait to explore more, after the big reveal at the end, as well as we're going to be with Coco's family. I can't wait to learn more, because it's pretty fascinating to me, all the different rules!

Oh, and can we talk about the relationship between Lou and Reid? She knows they're mortal enemies, and he doesn't, not at first. Man, their banter and the way she played on the Chasseur's tight upbringings was just freaking hilarious to read!

We knew there was a secret as to why Lou left the witches. And then we're hit with reveal after reveal, and I just couldn't turn the pages fast enough! It was such a roller coaster ride of emotions, betrayal, heartbreak, fear, hope, love, and I couldn't get enough of it!

This book was so fantastic, so enjoyable, such an amazing debut book, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Shelby Mahurin
Series: Serpent & Dove #1
Read: November 26th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: September 3rd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!