Saturday, November 23, 2019

Week 47 Review: The Scorpio Races

From Goodreads:
It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.


My first review of The Scorpio Races
My Review:

I really enjoyed reading this book again! I had to read it again, it's been years since I first read it, and a book tuber read it and loved it, and that sparked interest in me reading it again! It's just such a fantastic read!

This world with the capaill uisce, it's in our world, but slightly altered. My one thing, is what time period does it take place? Sure, there's cars, and maybe the reason why a horse could race against a car is because of the winding roads, but it felt like it set a few decades back, you know? Or that because of the differences between our worlds, their technology is a bit behind ours. Plus there's a bit of a timeless feel, you know?

I totally forgot how it all ended. There's this tension, because they both have high stakes to winning, but only one of them can win. And there's so much build up to it, and then there some romantic tension in there too, complicated matters! So freaking awesome to read!

I am wondering about something or two. One, is the horse that Sean's dad was riding on the race that he died, is that Corr? Because otherwise, how did Sean catch Corr, but that Malvern owned him, but that Corr went back to the sea after that race, and was caught by someone else. That's the only thing I can think of, and I have no idea if it's right or not! Oh, and I still don't know why it's called Scorpio Races! I know Scorpio doesn't automatically mean scorpions, but how it get there with magic water horses?

Loved reading this book again, it's such a fantastic read!

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
First Read: December 7th, 2011
Read: November 17th, 2019
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: October 11th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


2 comments:

  1. I got this book a few months ago, and I’m so impatient to read it! Hopefully in January. I seem to have a lot of bookish commitments right now. Great review!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get having a lot of bookish commitments! So many commitments! And it's a fantastic book, I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!