Saturday, December 7, 2019

Week 49 Review: Wicked Hour

From Goodreads:
In the second novel in the Heirs of Chicagoland series, vampire Elisa Sullivan gets drawn into the shifting sands of Pack politics.

Vampires were made, not born--until Elisa Sullivan came along. As the only vampire child in existence, she grew up with a heavy legacy, and tried to flee her past. Then circumstances drew her back to Chicago, and she stayed to keep it safe. With shifter Connor Keene, the only son of Pack Apex Gabriel Keene, at her side, she faced down a supernatural evil that threatened to destroy Chicago forever.

After the dust from the attack has settled, Elisa is surprised when Connor invites her to a usually private Pack event in the north woods of Minnesota, and by the warm welcome she receives from some of Connor's family, even though she's a vampire. But the peace doesn't last. The shifters tell tales of a monster in the woods, and when the celebration is marred by death, Elisa and Connor find themselves in the middle of a struggle for control that forces Elisa to face her true self--fangs and all.

My Review:
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this book! I enjoy reading about Elisa and Conner so much, they're a couple with really great chemistry and a fair number of obstacles between them, like the fact that they're different types of supernaturals, and that both are in pretty high positions of power.

I enjoyed getting away from Chicago for this book, to have time for them to develop their relationship away from their parents and where they grew up. It's a working vacation, especially when there's a death, but it's new scenery to read about!

The mystery of what was going on with this pack was interesting! What with the broken magic, and differing politics between the elders and the younger generation, there was a lot of conflict for them to sort through and it was so great to read!

I don't know how long this series is going to go, but I'm going to enjoy each book that we get, because I enjoy being with these characters so much! I really enjoyed their relationship, and I can't wait to spend more time with them!

This book was so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Heirs of Chicagoland #2
Read: December 3rd, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: December 3rd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!