Saturday, December 14, 2019

Week 50 Review: A Lady's Doubt

From Goodreads:
Set on defying her greedy father, Roberta (Robbie) Fletcher refuses to marry an old codger, choosing instead to join the Everton Domestic Society, where she happily helps widows with correspondence and figures. When Miles Hallsmith proposes, she is momentarily elated…until he admits to being sent by her father and his brother. Ignoring her crushed heart, she puts Miles to the task of uncovering their relatives' motivation in making the match.

Miles has been smitten by Robbie since the moment he met her at a ball. As a third son with no means of supporting a wife, he'd had no right to court her. When the lady's father and Miles' despicable brother insist he marry the object of his infatuation, Miles is torn between desire and suspicion.

Everton ladies are notoriously brilliant and Robbie is not a woman to be toyed with. Miles must prove his feelings are motivated by more than the lure of independence and money, while also thwarting his brother's plots.

Bad blood and lingering doubts litter the road to their happily ever after. It will take cunning and honesty to bring Miles and Robbie their hearts' desire.

My Review:
This story was a fantastic read! I really enjoy this series, and when I found about it-and read the synopsis-I was so glad that Miles was getting a story, we met him in the first book in this series in which his sister was the heroine of the book. So I'm really glad that he got a happy ending here!

I really enjoyed these two as a couple! They've met previously, I think it happened in this series, in Virtue, I'm pretty sure. And while there was a connection, well, he's a 3rd son with nothing much to offer. And in the meantime, she's joined the Everton Domestic Society, when along comes this proposal that they get married. Yeah. It's a fun situation to read about!

Plus the fact that both of these characters have fairly modern ideas for their time, well, that was pretty great to read! I really enjoyed how he valued what she wanted, because young ladies opinions weren't always even considered, so that was great!

The way that they solved their problems-why their various family members wanted them to get married, those nefarious reasons, which could've kept them from marrying, if they didn't go along with said reasons. Yeah, it was pretty clever and I enjoyed reading it!

This was a fantastic read, and I really enjoyed it!

Author: A.S. Fenichel
Series: Everton Domestic Society #3.5
Read: December 8th, 2019
Source: Free
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a Historical Fiction 2019 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: A.S. Fenichel
Published: 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!