Saturday, December 21, 2019

Week 51 Review: Mages by Fortune

From Goodreads:
In this second book in the Algardis series, Mae is left with few choices about who to trust now that darkness within her own family has been uncovered. With children dying, Mae realizes that she must do the unthinkable in order to save them all.

After uncovering a plot to use the wasting illness to activate their own mage powers, Maeryn Darnes doesn't trust anyone. That's a good thing as her own family is after her now.

With her blood plotting against her, Mae must turn to the outsiders for aid. In secret, she works with them to strike the symbol of her family's heritage from her neck--the famed tattooed collar.

But undoing the work of generations takes work. Maeryn Darnes is forced to enter into alliances with wandering mages and unscrupulous mercenaries to get the power she needs to active a ritual darker than anything she dreamed.

As she makes a pact with the unknown, Mae has to wonder--had she made a deal with the an even greater evil than the one that lurks in her own family's home? 

My Review:
Oh, wow, this book was so fantastic! I loved the first book in this series because it showed us a different look at this universe, because I'm thinking events in this series shape how the universe is in the later series. So I loved to see more of it!

I was so excited to read this book after the two edged cliffhanger of the previous one. I was a little confused, it seemed like this book backtracked a bit, like we saw that scene again. Then things got going and it made sense!

Mae is just a really awesome character to read about! She's strong, strong willed, and she knows her mind, and she's facing this inward threat, which is making her question everything, and I loved going on this journey with her!

The original synopsis of the first book, it was more applicable here, but the story seems to have changed since the ideas presented in there, and I loved seeing where this book was going to take me! There was just so much going on!

This book was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for Assembly!

Author: Terah Edun
Series: Algardis Universe #7, Guardians of Algardis #2
Read: December 20th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Terah Edun
Published: October 31st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!