Sunday, December 1, 2019

What I've Been Doing

So I've kinda fallen behind on blogging. My last 24 hour reading challenge failed. Well, it's because (besides Black Friday stress) is that I'm moving. Not far, I'm still staying in this house, but my brother is moving out, and his room is bigger and has the laundry, as well as a 3 piece bathroom instead of a 2 piece. Anyways.

I'm not packing up much, since it's just going down a level, and I just move my room around just before. But it had me thinking about how I'm using my space, both bookshelves that need walls, and then other stuff. And since I have a book room, and my shelves were getting pretty full, I wasn't using that room as well as I could have. So I moved my final big bookshelf from my bedroom where it's been since before we moved it-it was the first piece of furniture I moved over here, before we were officially moving in, and it hadn't moved since then, the only piece of furniture in this house that can say that, so that's occasion in my mind-into my book room, so I could put my YA paperbacks on it.

But first I decided that I should move 2 of the shelves against the wall where I initially was going to put bedroom one against. They're maybe a smidgen taller, but not as wide, so they both fit against the wall-which is the shorter one, so now that the bedroom shelf is against the wall where they were, there's room for another one about their size, too. Yeah!

Which comes to say that I have been moving furniture around for the past 2 days, and then moving books. And making room for the newer books, though my Black Friday order is coming in, and so I'll have more too add.

And what of the books that were on the bedroom bookshelf? Well, I want them in my room, so while I'm waiting to move (and to get a new bookshelf) they're sitting on my desk. Come see:

And that's what 1 big bookshelf of mass market paperbacks looks like. 4 across, and 5 deep, plus that 1 row at the end. And in the two desk bits. And books that were on top of the bookcase are that far row, and underneath the desk. Yeah. Lots of books!

So yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. I'm pretty much done for now, until my brother moves out so I can move in, because like I said, I'm not packing things up. So hopefully I'll be able to catch up with blogging shortly.

What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!