Saturday, May 16, 2020

Week 20 Review: Again, but Better

From Goodreads:
From one of the most followed booktubers today, comes Again, but Better, a story about second chances, discovering yourself, and being brave enough to try again.

Shane has been doing college all wrong. Pre-med, stellar grades, and happy parents…sounds ideal—but Shane's made zero friends, goes home every weekend, and romance…what's that? 

Her life has been dorm, dining hall, class, repeat. Time's a ticking, and she needs a change—there's nothing like moving to a new country to really mix things up. Shane signs up for a semester abroad in London. She's going to right all her college mistakes: make friends, pursue boys, and find adventure! 

Easier said than done. She is soon faced with the complicated realities of living outside her bubble, and when self-doubt sneaks in, her new life starts to fall apart. 

Shane comes to find that, with the right amount of courage and determination one can conquer anything. Throw in some fate and a touch of magic—the possibilities are endless.

My Review:
I've been meaning to read this book for a while, I got an ARC of it, and it just had it's 1 year birthday, but the birthday post is why I read it now, because I didn't want to get spoiled. And I needed to read it when I did, because I got bad news that day*, and needed a good, light story to read. And this book delivered!

It was kinda funny and weird to read this book, because I turn 26 this month, and I related so hard to 20 year old Shane. I'm a bookworm, I'm super shy, I don't put myself out there. Shane's had these experiences in Europe, and while she doesn't always like the way they turned out, she's done them. You go, girl, for putting yourself out there!

I hadn't read the synopsis again before reading this book, and even if I had, I wouldn't have guessed where this book would go. It was unexpected and so fun and interesting and entertaining to read, watching these characters go through this!

That ending, and the epilogue, were so cute to read! They both experienced some amazing moments, and difficult ones, and found the path that was right for them, which was really great to read. All the little things that built their relationship-and how they worked through their problems, it just made for great reading!

This was a really great read, I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad I read it!

Author: Christine Riccio
Read: May 11th, 2020
Source: Bought/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2020 Book!
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Published: May 7th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars










*The bad news is that my dog, Jax, has Cushing. Which at the time of writing this, I don't know what treatment we're doing, and what research I've done said that he has 2-5 years left. We've only had him for 1 year, and losing him so soon is painful already. And this book took my mind off it it, which speaks to how good it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!