Sunday, May 31, 2020

Wheel of TBR #1, May 31st

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR, so I'm going to try it out. So thanks to her!

Using a Wheel Picker, I'll have 7 spins each week. I'll fiddle around with how I'm going to do this, since I'll be using an online wheel. Once a prompt is used, I'll change it out using a random generator. If there's more than 2 books that I haven't read in that week, then I'll have to unhaul at least one of them, which is kinda scary since I've never really unhauled books before. Though I think I need to unhaul my Goodreads Want to Read shelf. Codie had if you hit a colour 3 times, then you'd add an extra spin, but the wheels I found only had up to 8 colours, so at the end of each month, if a colour comes up more then 4 times, then I'll add an extra spin for the next month. I'd already done this week what I wanted to read, but I manged to use 2/3 of those books, so I'm happy there!

Prompts:
Newly Published
Reread
Sat on Shelves
Newly Added
ARC-Edelweiss
ARC-NetGalley
2+ Authors
Favorite Author
Start the Series
Continue the Series
End the Series
Physical Book
Audio Book
Ebook
Number-What's in my current week book covers folder, current month, or December, and then a random book within that folder
Lowest Rated
Highest Rated
Meme Read
Pet Pick
New Author
Most Anticipated
Adaptation 
A-Z
One Word Title

Prompts Used This Week: 
Lowest Rated, Reread, 2+ Authors, Number, Highest Rated, Newly Published, ARC-NetGalley.

Lowest Rated-Yellow-Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa De La Cruz-Yeah, this book has the lowest rating of the books on my Goodreads To Read Shelf.

Reread-Cyan-The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale-I really enjoyed this book, but yeah, it's due for a reread.

2+ Authors-Orange-My Calamity Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand and Brodie Ashton-This one is easy, there's 3 authors, that's more than 1!

Number-Violet-3, 408-Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton-There was no choice here, that's the book that those numbers gave me.

Highest Rated-Red-Death of Darkness by Dianne Duvall-Like the lowest rated, well, this was the opposite, the one with the highest rating.

Newly Published-Azure-The Persuasion by Iris Johansen-This book is coming out this Tuesday, so yeah, it's newly published!

ARC-NetGalley-Green-Blood Will Out by Jo Treggiari-I got this book as a NetGalley book, and since I now own it, well, I had to read it!

Prompts for Next Week:
Sat on Shelves, Newly Added, ARC-Edelweiss, Favorite Author, Start the Series, Pet Pick, Ebook, Physical Book, Adaptation, Mom Pick, Meme Read, One Word Title

So those are the 7 books that I'll try to read this week! Hopefully I get to them all, I wouldn't want to unhaul anything.

If you have any suggestions or prompts, leave them in the comments! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!