Saturday, May 23, 2020

Week 21 Review: A Touch of Stone and Snow

From Goodreads:
Milla Vane returns to her exhilarating A Gathering of Dragons series, into a world of fire, demons, and passion in the midst of a great evil that will bring only death and destruction.

Danger lurks in the western realms. Though an evil king has been defeated, a sorcerer warlord has risen and nobody is safe. This demon-possessed warlord creates magical terrors, attacking nations with the ultimate goal to weaken and demolish them before the Destroyer's imminent return.

When Lizzan leads the Kothan army against these terrors, only to see her soldiers massacred and to emerge as the only survivor, she is called a coward. A disgrace. A failure. Shunned from her home, Lizzan now wanders in solitude through the lands as a mercenary for hire, until she encounters a group of warriors seeking new alliances with the northern kingdoms--a group that includes Aerax, the bastard prince of Koth, and the man who sent her into exile. Though they were former childhood friends, Aerax cannot trust the woman whose failure led to the fall of a kingdom. But when a goddess's demand binds them together, Lizzan and Aerax must find a way to overcome their painful pasts. Or there will be no future for the western realms...

My Review:
Yeah, wow, I really enjoyed this book! I loved the first one, and I was really excited to read this one, as well! We get to see more of this world, to the North, which was really fantastic, and there were a few familiar faces going on the quest that they left on at the end of book 1, so I'm so excited!

I really enjoyed getting to know Lizzan and Aerax. They're a couple who knew each other really well, they had struggles, and they stayed together. But then disaster struck, and they separated. And there were a ton of emotions to deal with, and secrets to be revealed, and it was just so fascinating!

There's some overarching plot lines, like we meet the lead characters of the next book, and this book is them working on alliances to unite the whole continent, and while this threat is one that's focused, well, it's someone who followed the Destroyer. So taking down one of his allies before he arrives, that's just smart!

One thing that I would like, is a map of the Destroyer's path. I think I have it in my head, but I'm not quite sure, and this detail, while not a major plot point at the moment, well, it's a detail about the main bad guy, and I'd like to know it!

Loved reading this book, it was so fantastic, I enjoyed it so much, and I'm filled with anticipation for book 3!

Author: Milla Vane
Series: A Gathering of Dragons #2, Barbarians #3
Read: May 17th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I really enjoyed the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Berkley Books
Expected Publication: July 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!