Friday, July 24, 2020

Am I Drowning In Books?

Yes, yes, it feels like I am. I just finished the Reading Rush, and I'm glad I switched out the books for the last 2 prompts, because between the two that I had, it was 900 pages left, and what I was was 600, so that was way more manageable. But I wanted to list out the books that I want to read, before the month is over. I'll put the ones that I most want/need to get to at the beginning, because I'm not going to finish all of these.

A Season of Daring Greatly by Ellen Emerson White-This book I'm reading for the Facebook group, Book Battle. I'm part of Team Baseball, and read a book about my team is the only one I haven't read yet. I'm going to read this next, because the Book Battle is only until the 26th, and I want to have read all of the prompts!

The Archive of the Forgotten by A. J. Hackwith-This book is Wheel of TBR pick, and it's a preemptive/trying out punishment. Since I'm not sure if I can get to The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth and I Come With Knives by S.A. Hunt, I need to read this book! But I want to read those other two, as well!

Next are 3 books that are all for the Continue the Series Readathon, that I also managed to get on the Wheel of TBR, and they are Truel1f3 by Jay Kristoff, Blood Red Road by Moira Young, and Red Sister by Mark Lawrence. Yeah, these have 2 reasons why I should read them, and they have to be read this month.

One book that I have to read this month is Phoenix Unbound by by Grace Draven, for multi-parts to a reason. Book 2 is on my N.E.W.T.'s TBR, so I have to read this before that. And also, August is ARC August, and I don't have this book as an ARC. All the more reason to read it before August!

Then there's this coming week of Wheel of TBR picks. I have them, and I won't put them here, because spoilers, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get to those last 2 before Sunday, so I might have a punishment book, but there's at least 3 books here.

Next are the remaining Make Your Myth-Taker books. I know, it ended in June, but I just want to finish reading these books! The ones I have left are Crier's War by Nina Varela, The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White (This is also a Wheel of TBR book), Warcross by Marie Lu, Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton (This is also a Wheel of TBR book), These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch, Caraval by Stephanie Garber, and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Well, that was less than I expected. I actually went back and took out the ones that I read, so it matches up, yeah! There's only 7 left! Yeah!

Finally, and the ones that are least likely to be read (all the above are priorities, these will only be bonus if I'm lucky enough to finish all of the above this month) are the back spins of the Wheel of TBR. And those are Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross, From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Fortuna by Kristyn Merbeth, Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron, We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal, Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson, Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly, The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti, Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch and Kristen Simmons, Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer, Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone, Warriors of Wing and Flame by Sara B. Larson (but this is now also N.E.W.T pick so I won't read it until August), Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters, Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston, You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle, Dark Song by Christine Feehan, Labryinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova, Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison. Let me tell you, I've learned my lesson, I won't do any bonus spins anymore. But the books that are ARC's, I can put off until August. Though again, the N.E.W.T's have 36 prompts. In a 31 day month. So I don't know how many, if any, other books I'll be able to read.

Plus in August I'll still be doing Wheel of TBR, though I'm going try to fit as many as I can from the N.E.W.T's TBR. Or more ARC's, because I want to almost exclusively read ARC's in August. I just have so many ARC's to read!

And adding them all up, that's at least 35 books to read in the last 7 days of July. Which is why I'm most likely not going to read most, if any, of the back spins of the Wheel of TBR. And 18 of those are the ones I'm really aiming for. That's just over 2.5 books a day. And this next week, I'm only working 3 hours a day, all week. So is it doable? Well, I'm going to try! But can you understand the title now, given that's there's 35 books, just 5 days ago it was 42 with the Reading Rush books. Yeah. I'm crazy, and I'm kinda paying for it now.

Oh, and plus, I have to write this week's reviews, last weeks, and Week 24. Yeah. And all the rest of the blogging stuff, with Saturdays being the most labor intensive, what with the reviews to link up and such.

I'm going to try my best to read those 2.5+ books. I didn't really make this post to complain, but also, I wanted to see all these books in one place, and make sure I remembered them, because it would suck if I forgot one of them! But now to sleep, and onto another day, and more reading! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!