Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 30 Review: Jurassic Park

From Goodreads:
From the author of Timeline, Sphere, and Congo, this is the classic thriller of science run amok that took the world by storm.

An astonishing technique for recovering and cloning dinosaur DNA has been discovered. Now humankind's most thrilling fantasies have come true. Creatures extinct for eons roam Jurassic Park with their awesome presence and profound mystery, and all the world can visit them—for a price.

Until something goes wrong...

My Review:
Man, it was really great to read this book! I mean, I've loved all of the Jurassic Park movies, and the first World one was okay, though the 2nd one was just weird. The whole idea of bringing back dinosaurs, and then making it a amusement park, well, it's just so bizarre and fascinating!

The science in this book is pretty interesting. Because it is theoretically possible. It was strange, though, because this book was written before I was born, so the technology is a bit older. So that was a bit jarring, but it was interesting to see what it was like back then!

So the movie consolidated characters, which makes sense. But I'm glad, because you know the lawyer who gets eaten by the T-Rex, after hiding in the bathroom? Well, that was a different character, because the lawyer didn't go on the tour, and I'm glad, because we were in his head for a bit, so we knew more about him than just that he was a lawyer.

There were other changes, like Malcolm. But given that his name is a character in book 2, I don't know what to think. Oh, and the thing with Hammond. Yeah, that was an interesting ending, and I need to know how it's going to continue in The Lost World!

This book was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

Author: Michael Crichton
Series: Jurassic Park #1
Read: July 23rd, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Published: November 7th 1990
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. I saw this movie when I was a kid and always wanted to read the book. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!