Saturday, July 18, 2020

Week 29 Reviews: Turf Wars, Part 1, Turf Wars, Part 2, Turf Wars, Part 3



From Goodreads:
Relishing their newfound feelings for each other, Korra and Asami leave the Spirit World . . . but find nothing in Republic City but political hijinks and human vs. spirit conflict! 

A pompous developer plans to turn the new spirit portal into an amusement park, potentially severing an already tumultuous connection with the spirits. What's more, the triads have realigned and are in a brutal all-out brawl at the city's borders - where hundreds of evacuees have relocated!

In order to get through it all, Korra and Asami vow to look out for each other - but first, they've got to get better at being a team and a couple!

Recovering from the fight and furious for revenge, Triple Threats member Tokuga solidifies his ties with the duplicitous Wonyong. Meanwhile, when Republic City's housing crisis reaches its peak, Zhu Li sets her sights on the biggest public figure in the city—President Raiko—in a bid for the presidency! With her friend's success, the future of the spirit portal, and the wellbeing of Republic City's citizens at stake, can Korra remain neutral and fulfill her duties as the Avatar?

When Asami is kidnapped, Korra sets out to the Spirit Wilds to find her. Now teeming with dark spirits influenced by the half spirit-half human Tokuga, the landscape is more dangerous than ever before. The two women must trust in each other and work together if they are to make it out alive. Their fate is revealed in this stunning, action-packed conclusion to The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars!
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these graphic novels! Well, I kinda forgot that I had read them at all. And it was only last year. Opps. Though I saw that I'd read the first part, I thought I'd only read the first part. Glad to see that I read all 3, they were all so enjoyable to read!

I really enjoyed seeing Korra and Asami after the events of the tv show, having a vacation, being a couple. They're just so cute! And while there's drama, because a girl/girl relationship isn't a common thing in this world at this time, they do work through it!

There's also the plot of who is going to be the mayor of Republic City. I really enjoyed this, because boy, did the old need to go out, and I really hope that new will have a great and prosperous time of it! She, and the city, deserve it!

Then there as the plot about the turf war, with Tokuga. Now I wish we'd gotten a bit of his backstory, but he just showed up in town, and that's about it. And given the ending of this book, we're going to see him again, so I hope we learn more about him then!

These were fantastic to read, I really enjoyed them, and I can't wait to read Ruins of the Empire!

Author: Michael Dante DiMartino, Illustrated by Irene Koh
Series: The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1, 2, 3
First Read: February 14th, 15th, 15th, 2019
Read: July 13th, 13th, 13th, 2020
Source: Online
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books, and Turf Wars, Part 3 is a End of Series 2020 Book!
Publisher: Dark Horse, Dark Horse Comics
Published: July 26th 2017, January 17th 2018, August 22nd 2018

Turf Wars, Part 1:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Turf Wars, Part 2:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Turf Wars, Part 3:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!