Saturday, July 18, 2020

Week 29 Review: The Unseen

From Goodreads:
Saying goodbye to their old life in the Wyr demesne in New York may be hard, but Dragos and Pia are determined to create a new life in the Other land of Rhyacia.

At first, everything seems idyllic. Rhyacia is paradisiacal. Accompanied by old friends and new allies, the future looks safe and bright for Dragos, Pia, and baby Niall.

But strange things are happening beneath the picturesque façade. Items move unaccompanied, buildings collapse without justifiable cause, and even the most Powerful residents of Rhyacia can provide no logical explanation for the events transpiring. Whispered rumors point to something called the unseen.

As Dragos and Pia investigate, they uncover a greater mystery than they could have imagined, and they realize the startling truth…

They're not alone in Rhyacia. The land Dragos had thought was uninhabited hides many secrets, a shocking history that's not quite ready to be buried, and something more.

Something ancient, evil, and hungry. Something that wants to consume Dragos and take everything he holds dear.

Something that just may be powerful enough to overcome the dragon… 

My Review:
It was just so great to read this book! I love this series, and I love Pia and Dragos, and I'm so glad that we're getting these 4 stories! It was really great to get to spend more time with them, and there was a really intriguing mystery in this book, as well! 

About half of this book was moving and settling in, which was nice to have some quite time before things started happening. And it was pretty spooky, because they're supposed to be alone. But Rhyacia has secrets that they're just starting to learn!

And man, that ending! That is just pure evil, and I need to know what's going to happen next! I mean, they have the bad guy contained, the problem is the vessel that he's in. And I want him out! I need The Adversary now! 

I'm excited to learn more about those secrets, about that past, because it's going to be important as to how they're going to deal with what's going on now. Because I'm guessing that somebody beat the bad guy, our gang just has to find out how, so they can replicate it! And it'll be nice to learn even more about the Elder Races world!

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for the next! 

Author: Thea Harrison
Series: Elder Races #9.9
Read: July 14th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Teddy Harrison LLC
Published: July 13th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!