Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 18 Review: Dark Mirror

From Goodreads:
Lady Victoria Mansfield, youngest daughter of the earl and countess of Fairmount, is destined for a charmed life. Soon she will be presented during the London season, where she can choose a mate worthy of her status. 

Yet Tory has a shameful secret—a secret so powerful that, if exposed, it could strip her of her position and disgrace her family forever. Tory's blood is tainted . . . by magic.

When a shocking accident forces Tory to demonstrate her despised skill, the secret she's fought so hard to hide is revealed for all to see. She is immediately exiled to Lackland Abbey, a reform school for young men and women in her position. There she will learn to suppress her 
deplorable talents and maybe, if she's one of the lucky ones, be able to return to society.

But Tory's life is about to change forever. All that she's ever known or considered important will be challenged. What lies ahead is only the beginning of a strange and wonderful journey into a world where destiny and magic come together, where true love and friendship find her, and where courage and strength of character are the only things that determine a young girl's worth. 

My Review:
Dark Mirror was an excellent book! I loved the cover, since it related to the story a lot. And since I want to say something that might be a spoiler, I don't know, it's connected to her "despised skill" and "a strange and wonderful journey," so that will be at the bottom, so you can skip it if you want to.
Anyways, I loved how the character's moods where like, and the atmosphere that the nobles made, that made magic undesirable. It's a real obstacle to overcome, and I'm glad to say that Tory did. Otherwise the story would've been much, much different.

I loved the characters and their relationships, and how they developed, and the little things that I want to know (there's going to be a second book, Dark Passage) and I really enjoyed this book, so if you haven't read it, read it!

Things I'd Like to Say That Might Contain *SPOILERS,  READ AT OWN RISK!!!!*
I love the time travelling, and the differences that this causes, and the trouble, and how it develops everything, it was awesome, and there's the mystery of who Tory is going to be, I have a suspicion that she's going to end up Queen of England, but I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not. It was only mentioned in passing, but that might just mean that it's going to be brought out later. I really hope it is, it's really bugging me! (In a good way, of course!) Yep :)

Such a great book, I enjoyed it so much, and now I just want to read more books!

Author: M.J. Putney
Series: Dark Mirror #1
Read: May 3rd, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really great! I had to read it!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: February 17th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!