Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 18 Review: Keturah and Lord Death

"I will tell you . . . a story of magic and love, of daring and death, and one to comfort your heart. It will be the truest story I have ever told. Now listen, and tell me if it is not so."

After following a hart into the woods bordering her town, Keturah is faced with Death. Lost and hungry after following a stately hart through the forest, Keturah encounters Lord Death, who is ready to take her. Like Scheherazade, Keturah spins a story that she leaves unfinished and extracts from Lord Death a promise that if she finds her true love in a day, she can go free. Thus begins Keturah's search for her one true love and the salvation of her beloved town. But Lord Death is falling in love with her, and as the villagers begin to sense her alliance with this horrifying figure, her life twists and turns on itself.

Martine Leavitt offers a spellbinding story, interweaving elements of classic fantasy and high romance. The romance is intense, the writing is startling, and the story is spellbinding--and it is as difficult to turn away from as the tales beautiful Keturah tells to the people of her village, Tide-by-Rood.

My Review:
I loved this story, and the ending seemed destined, like it was meant to be, and the story quietly lead up to it, while Keturah tries desperately not to have that ending, in the end, it's what she wants, and I really enjoyed it.

It was a pretty short book (198 pages in my copy from the library) But it was a good short book and it was nice to relax, and just read, with no worries of finishing (I'm working on having no books out from my library so I can read bought books/won books/nano books that I've been neglecting as of late) and it was just a nice light read.

I enjoyed the characters, they were nice, and I felt their emotions were funny, because their situation was funny, at least to me, the reader, since I wasn't the one put in them. There was this one incident where she takes some clothes from a very important person, and it was just really funny to me!

All in all, a good book, and if you want a relaxing read, just pick this one up!

Author: Martine Leavitt
Read: May 1st, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really awesome book!
Publisher: Red Deer Press
Published: October 1st 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!