Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 19 Review: Abandon

From Goodreads:
Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

My Review:
Yeah, a new Meg Cabot book! WHOO! This was the 5th, and final book of the 10 that I bought in NY that I hadn't read before.  I loved this book! The characters were awesome, and I loved the story! All I wanted was more story! Now I have to wait until the next book, Underworld, comes out.
Pierce was a great character, who might have made a few wrong choices from some people's POV's, like hanging out with the "popular" crowd, but I liked the way that built into the story for the sequels :)

I really enjoyed this novel, with a rich surrounding, awesome characters, and a take on a myth that is totally original, and with a lot of wiggle room for sequels, which is just what I want since I read this book very quickly, and I just want more Meg Cabot (though I bought the second Vanished book, which is the reprint of Safe House and Sanctuary, books 3 and 4 of 1-800-Where-R-U, and I already have the first one, and I just have to find Missing You) because she is such a spectacular author!
You'd better be trying to find a way to read this book now!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Abandon Trilogy #1
Read: May 12th, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: It's a Meg Cabot book! I had to get it!
Publisher: Point
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I've been loving Cabot's most recent covers. Jaw-droppingly gorgeous. And I love the name Pierce for a heroine! Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like the covers too, they're awesome :)
    Peirce is a pretty unique names :)
    Now to get the rest of her books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!