Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 21 Review: Elixir

From Goodreads:
Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea's father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea's photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful man—a man she has never seen before.

When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father's disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.


My Review:
I enjoyed this book-it's by one of my favourite singers, and now she's done something in both of the fields I love-books and music. So I'm happy. It's just a bonus that this book is just really great! I enjoyed it a lot!

I liked Clea, but I didn't like Sage as much, he didn't seem all that nice, especially near the end, he's kinda callous, but you would expect that it you read the end, he has a good reason for it. But still, he wasn't very nice for most of this book!

I enjoyed the plot, and the characters, and the history, it was detailed and rich, and quite a pleasant read of about 3 hours. I loved the way that Clea approached her photography, it was a lifestyle to her, one that she felt passionately about.

I loved that they travelled around the world, that they got to see sights that I've never heard of, but sound awesome. If I could, I'd visit them, they sounded great. Alas, but that I'm probably never going to except in books like these!

I only wish that her friend didn't do something that made the ending the kind of ending where you need-it-now-what's-going-to-happen-to-the-characters-in-the-next-book? Well, his actions that made the ending that way. But that means that I can't wait for the sequel, Devoted, which comes out in October of this year, so be sure that I'm going to get it!

Hope you guys check this book out!

Author: Hilary Duff
Series: Elixir #1
Read: May 28th, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: I love Hilary Duff's music, and so I had to check it out!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: October 12th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!