Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 19 Review: Across the Universe

From Goodreads:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Review:
I absolutely loved this book! I got it in NY, one of the 10 that I got in 1 day (I spent over $150 on books that day, and cleared out all the cash I had left) and this was the first one of them that I read, the night that I got it (Wednesday, 11th)

The story was so good, and I loved the plot, and the language, and the plot twist at the end-it was freakin' awesome!!!! Loved it!!!!!! It was almost suggested when the characters made suggestions, but I didn't connect it all until I was told. Loved it! This is a great book (and I just saw on Goodreads that there's going to be 2 more books, whoo!)

The characters were great, and I was really sad when one of them died, since he was nice, and eccentric, and funny. But you have to live with some things. And boy does Amy have to deal with things. But since I don't want to spoil anything, I'm not going to say anything more than this was a great book, and if you haven't read it yet, you should! What are you waiting for, it should be at libraries by now if you can't buy it!!!!

Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #1
Read: May 12th, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: It sounded like a really fantastic book! I had to read it!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 11th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!