Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week 18 Review: Lies I Told

From Goodreads:
What if, after spending a lifetime deceiving everyone around you, you discovered the biggest lies were the ones you've told yourself?

Grace Fontaine has everything: beauty, money, confidence, and the perfect family. 

But it's all a lie.

Grace has been adopted into a family of thieves who con affluent people out of money, jewelry, art, and anything else of value. Grace has never had any difficulty pulling off a job, but when things start to go wrong on the Fontaines' biggest heist yet, Grace finds herself breaking more and more of the rules designed to keep her from getting caught...including the most important one of all: never fall for your mark.

Perfect for fans of Ally Carter, Cecily von Ziegesar, and Gail Carriger, this thrilling, high-stakes novel deftly explores the roles of identity and loyalty while offering a window into the world of the rich and fabulous. 

My Review:
I guess that it was a little naive of me to think that a book that started a con family would end well. But when I first started it (and then read the ending pretty much immediately, to see where it would end) I didn't know it was a series. And thank goodness it is a series!

I enjoyed this book so much! Even knowing that it would end on a pretty bad note for the characters, well, yeah, I had to see how they would get there! Human curiosity, I guess, and a need to know! Like an itch you have to scratch!

The characters were really great, Grace, who's been living the con for so long, that it's tiring her. Parker, who wants out. Logan, who was just so sweet and innocent. Rachel, who was mean, manipulative, and am I the only one that thinks that she called the cops while she had the car?

You have to feel bad for Grace-she develops real feelings for these people, for Logan, really falling in love with him. But her family is her family, and they're on the con to steal the gold that Logan's paranoid father had stashed. And then it ended with everything falling apart. Such a cliffhanger!

I just really enjoyed this book so much, it was really fantastic, and I really hope Promises I Made goes up on Edelweiss, because I need to know how it ends!

Author: Michelle Zink
Series: Lies I Told #1
Read: April 27th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her other books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 7th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!