Saturday, May 9, 2015

Week 19 Review: The Vision

From Goodreads:
Can you afford to believe everything you see? Can you afford not to?

When Deep Down Salvage begins the hunt for the Marie Josephine off Key West, it seems like any other dive-until Genevieve Wallace sees the vision of a dead woman in the water.

A dead woman who opens her eyes and looks directly at her.

Terrified and confused, Gen is haunted by the memory. But no one, including her diving partner Thor Thompson, believes she saw what she knows she saw. Then a dead woman washes up on shore, and everyone assumes this is Genevieve's "vision." Genevieve knows better. This dead woman is definitely not the ghost she encountered but another victim of the same brutal killer.

Sensing that the threat of death is coming closer, she and Thor are forced to acknowledge that some things can't be explained but simply are. Somehow they have to link a violent past with a present-day mystery-because if they don't, the power of death will possess them, too.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot. It did take me a while to get into it, like, the last 100 pages were the only ones that really went at my reading speed. The previous ones, well, they went slower, in little snatches when I could make myself read them. For some reasons, some of which I'll list because I know them, others I don't, I had a hard time with this book!

One of those reasons, was that the characters seemed both too perfect, were too perfect for each other. It was annoying. I am 80% sure that real life is not like that. Just the way that they were portrayed, well, yeah, I just didn't like it!

I really enjoyed the mystery! There was the drowned prostitute, the missing model, and maybe Jay's wife. And how they all connected, or didn't connect, made for a really great story! And when you add in the complication of the ghosts, well, yeah that was really great!

It kinda sucks that the bad guy was Jack, he was a bit not so good, but pretty decent. And then it turns out that he's a serial killer who has a pretty negative world view of the world, and of women in particular, and a pretty self-server kind of person!

All in all, I enjoyed this book. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping for, which is kinda worse!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: Harrison Investigations #3
Read: May 4th, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Published: January 29th 2006
4/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!