Saturday, May 16, 2015

Week 20 Review: The Immortal Heights

From Goodreads:
In a pursuit that has spanned continents, Iolanthe, Titus, and their friends have always managed to remain one step ahead of the forces of Atlantis. But now the Bane, the monstrous tyrant who bestrides the entire mage world, has issued his ultimatum: Titus must hand over Iolanthe, or watch as his entire realm is destroyed in a deadly rampage. Running out of time and options, Iolanthe and Titus must act decisively to deliver a final blow to the Bane, ending his reign of terror for good.

However, getting to the Bane means accomplishing the impossible—finding a way to infiltrate his crypt in the deepest recesses of the most ferociously guarded fortress in Atlantis. And everything is only made more difficult when new prophecies come to light, foretelling a doomed effort....

Iolanthe and Titus will put their love and their lives on the line. But will it be enough?

With The Immortal Heights, Sherry Thomas brings the acclaimed Elemental Trilogy to its breathtaking conclusion. 

My Review:
I just absolutely loved this book so much! There were hardships, after all, from the beginning, both have them have been under a death threat. But there were some really awesome moments, like the near ending, just before the big face off with the Bane, and how they started that off!

I really wish that I'd reread the first two books before reading this book. There was enough details that reading this without it was just fine. But it would've been an even better experience, if I didn't have any moments of, wait, what? And trying to remember what had happened in the previous books that was being referenced now. Plus, I enjoyed them so much the first time! Oh, well!

This book picks up straight up after where The Perilous Sea left off, and oh, the action! I loved all of the plotting, and just everything that was going on! It was just so fantastic to read! And there was a lot going on in this book, it's the final battle, after all!

In the end, with everything they faced, how they dealt with things-I loved how the Crucible was used in this book, it was really ingenious!-the revelations that countered previous revelations, and the losses, the spectacular planning and spur of the moment decision planning, and then finally winning! Reading that was so great!

Loved how the ending was, of hope, and the future, and yeah, while I wish we could have infinitely more, I don't want anymore conflict for these characters! So yeah, this was a really excellent book, a fantastic ending to the series that I've loved so much, and I can't wait to read more Sherry Thomas books!

Author: Sherry Thomas
Series: The Elemental Trilogy #3
Read: May 10th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love this series, and it's a End of Series 2015 Book, Historical Fiction 2015 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book, and it's going to be a WoW book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Expected Publication: October 13th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!