Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 40 Review: My Secret to Tell

From Goodreads:
His smile is a crime.

Emerson May is "the good girl." She's the perfect daughter, the caring friend, the animal shelter volunteer. But when her best friend's brother breaks into her room, his hands covered in blood, she doesn't scream or call the cops. Because when Deacon smiles at her, Emmie doesn't want to be good...

The whole town believes notorious troublemaker Deacon is guilty of assaulting his father. Only Emmie knows a secret that could set him free. But if she follows her heart, she could be trusting a killer...

You can't always trust the boy next door.

My Review:
This book was so awesome! I loved reading it! That the whole town basically believes that Deacon's the bad guy, because he's a bad boy and had been in trouble before (but not like this) and that sucks, because we almost know that he's not!

I really enjoyed these characters, Emmie who had something that was pretty darned close to OCD, and with her brother having disappointed her parents, feeling like she had to be the perfect child. Deacon, the bad boy with a not-so-good home life. And his sister, Emmie's friend. Awesome to read about!

There was a really fantastic mystery to this book! Of who had actually beaten Deacon's dad, had sent him to the hospital. And there were clues that were found, and they didn't come together until near the very end (though I did read the end before I was done the beginning, so I knew where it was going!)

Such a fantastic ending, because that mystery, well, it was a mystery, so it wasn't like it wasn't a possibility, it was more like, who would've considered it? Because again, not out of the realm, but not an obvious one! Her brother didn't quite have a close but of her finding out what really happened, which is too bad! But happy ending with the romance!

So fantastic to read this book, so enjoyable, and now I really need to read her second book!

Author: Natalie D. Richards
Read: October 2nd, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Really enjoyed her other book, and it's a SAC 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Published: October 6th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!