Saturday, September 7, 2019

Week 36 Review: Archangel's War

From Goodreads:
Wings of silver. Wings of blue. Mortal heart. Broken dreams. Shatter. Shatter. Shatter. A sundering. A grave. I see the end. I see. . .

The world is in chaos as the power surge of the Cascade rises to a devastating crescendo. In furiously resisting its attempts to turn Elena into a vessel for Raphael's power, Elena and her archangel are irrevocably changed. . .far beyond the prophecy of a cursed Ancient.

At the same time, violent and eerie events around the world threaten to wipe out entire populations. And in the Archangel Lijuan's former territory, an unnatural fog weaves through the land, leaving only a bone-chilling silence in its wake. Soon it becomes clear that even the archangels are not immune to this deadly evil. This time, even the combined power of the Cadre may not be enough. . .

This war could end them all. 

My Review:
Oh, wow, oh, wow! This book was absolutely incredible! I was on pins and needles the whole time, because this was a pretty intense book! Between the fact that it is titled War, and the immense cliffhanger of the last book, well, so much of this book never slowed down! It was so incredible to read!

Oh, and I just have to start off with that this book is a huge hulking book, and I'm in love with that fact! There was just so much story to tell and for us to read, and that's just amazing and I loved every single wonderful page!

I just had to know how things were going to play out with Raphael and Elena circumventing the Cascade's attempts to make her a mindless battery for him. And this book didn't disappoint! Loved dealing with all that, it was incredible to read!

You see the cover? That means it's not a spoiler to tell you that Elena has lighting wings. She is the first angel-made, though they did break Cassandra's prophecy, so I don't know if this wasn't originally seen or not. But it's something new for Elena to deal with, which was so interesting to read!

Of course, the Cascade isn't done with them yet, and its shenanigans are growing more and more disruptive! Like, you know how the Cascade where Cassandra got her power of visions was called the Cascade of Terror? This one got a name, too, one that is well earned!

There were two bits of information/speculation. One on the nature of the Cascade, of possibilities behind it, the why of it, that'd I'd be interesting to learn more about. The other, was a direct reveal after we've had some hints in previous books. I just loved that!

Ok, after the end of this book, this world is irrevocably changed. So much happened, it's never going to be the same again. Some of that is good, because it should've never been like that. But some of the losses, man, they hit hard! I just want to see what's going to happen next!

Wow, this book was just so incredible, and I can't wait to see where this series goes from here! We still have Aodhan's & Illium's books to find happiness, and any more Raphael and Elena books would be amazing!

Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #12
Read: September 4th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series so much, and Archangel's Prophecy had an evil cliffhanger! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Berkley
Expected Publication: September 24th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!