Saturday, September 28, 2019

Week 39 Reviews: Siren's Song, Dragon's Claw


From Goodreads:
War mages are the magical equivalent of tanks: tough, powerful, and deadly. They have to be, in order to defend the supernatural community from the dangerous threats it sometimes faces. But what happens when the threat is them?

John Pritkin has been trying to recover from a demon curse that separated his body and soul and almost killed him. The reunification has left him with a flood of memories to process, some that he recalls from his past and some that he doesn't, as well as wonky magic, fluctuating power levels, and a splitting headache. Something that only intensifies when he finds himself stuck in a city under siege—by his fellow war mages.

As the only one not overwhelmed by a massive enthrallment spell, John must find a way to free his fellow mages before they destroy themselves, and take a city of a million people along with them.

From Goodreads:
Everyone knows that vampires are hard to kill. But when Dory Basarab is called to a crime scene in a smelly basement in Queens, she discovers that that may no longer be the case. Somebody has developed a new weapon, a vamp killer, and left her plenty of clues to follow. One of them leads her to the other side of the world, and to a city like no other, where the paranormal is normal and where death stalks the streets. Can she defeat a clever killer before he kills again, and on an unprecedented scale? 

My first review of Dragon's Claw
My Review:
Yes, wow, I really enjoyed reading these back to back! I mean, it's been a while since I first read Dragon's Claw, so I had to read it again after reading Siren's Song. And I've also read Brave the Tempest, which happens after these two. So I really wanted to know Prikin's side of things!

I really enjoyed seeing things from Pritkin's perspective, since he knew about the taking down of the pillars longer than Dory did, because that's a main focus of why he's there. Well, and the mages being under the control of some who is using them for nefarious means. Yeah.

There's this whole scene where Pritkin is with Dorina, doing mind things, that's not in Dragon's Claw, which is so freaking great, I really enjoyed seeing these two spend more time together. And I mean Dorina, not Dory. And I totally understand why we got in in Siren's Song but not Dragon's Claw!

How they both faced their various bad guys, and that these stories weaved together, it was really fantastic to read! There was a lot going on in this city, and seeing it from both of their perspectives gave us a broader look at everything that was going on and it was so great!

Yeah, these were such great reads, and I enjoyed them so much!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Cassandra Palmer #8.5, Cassandra Palmer World #12.6, 12.5, Dorina Basarab #4.6, 4.5
First Read: September 11th, 2018
Read: September 22nd, 22nd, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books!
Publisher: Karen Chance
Published: September 13th 2019, September 3rd 2018

Siren's Song:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Dragon's Claw:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!