Saturday, September 21, 2019

Week 38 Review: The Dollmaker

From Goodreads:
And now a new clue has surfaced...a doll that is the spitting image of Claire Doucett's missing child, right down to the tiny birthmark on the girl's left arm. A chance sighting of the eerily lifelike doll in a French Quarter collectibles shop leaves Claire shaken to her core...and more determined than ever to find out what happened to her beloved Ruby. When the doll is snatched and the store's owner turns up dead, Claire knows the only person she can turn to is ex-husband Dave Creasy, a former cop who has spent the past seven years imprisoned by his own guilt and despair. He let Claire down once when she needed him the most. Can she make him believe the doll really exists? She'll have to if they're to survive an encounter with a brutal psychopath-- the dollmaker--who stole their future to feed an obsession that will never die.

My Review:
Oh, yeah, I'm glad that I finally read this book! I've wanted to read it for a long time, like, years, but I never found a copy. But now I own one, so I just had to read it! It was another fantastic read by Amanda Stevens, and I'm really glad that I read it!

There were two mysteries in this book-what happened to Ruby and how she's connected to that doll, and the investigation that Dave was on that shoehorned it's way into Ruby's case by having someone calling him, saying they were Ruby's kidnapper to get him to destroy evidence in the case. Yeah. I enjoyed both plot lines!

We also got the killer's story, and boy, if they hadn't kidnapped and killed kids, then I would've felt sorry for them. They had a harsh childhood, and because of that, their crimes are very specific to what happened. If that hadn't have happened, then maybe the events in this book wouldn't have happened, either. It's sad to think about, all that loss!

There wasn't really romance per say, but maybe a reawakening of a failed marriage. Maybe they'll try again. At least, that was the impression that I got. And now that they know what happened to their daughter, they can maybe start to heal after all that time not knowing.

Yes, I just really enjoyed reading this book! Amanda Stevens is a fantastic author!

Author: Amanda Stevens
Read: September 19th, 2019
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a SAC 2019 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: March 1st 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!