Wednesday, September 11, 2019

A Twist of Oleander: Review

From Goodreads:
An escape from madness leads to murder…

After a manic episode, Maddie Malone moves to a small town, where she finds romance and intrigue. Her uncle is found dead, poisoned by Oleander leaves in his tea. The police think it's suicide. Maddie knows it's murder. Now it's up to her to prove it…

My Review:
This book was pretty great to read! I really enjoyed spending time with Maddie as she investigated her uncle's death. Given that she'd retreated there after her episode, well, she didn't quite get the break that she was there for. But the investigation gave her purpose.

The mystery, well, Maddie had suspicions about a lot of people. Given that the police didn't think it was a murder, that could be understandable, because they weren't doing it for her. And there were a few odd things, like a fire, that had me curious about what was going on!

I really enjoyed the kinda love triangle. It's not quite love with either of the guys, but it could definitely go there. And I really enjoyed her, the doctor, and the childhood best friend. Each guy offered her something different, and I can't wait to see it play out further in future books!

One thing that I really loved about this book was that it's set in my home country of Canada, so yeah, yeah for having a mystery book that does that, since there's not a ton of books that are set here. It's a smaller thing, but it's nice to have!

Yeah, this book was a really fun read, and I really enjoyed it!

Author: Raven McKray
Series: Maddie Malone Mysteries #1
Read: September 10th, 2019
Source: Pump Up Your Books Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Brownridge Publishing
Published: July 31st 2019
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars
Bio:
Raven McKray lives in Ontario, Canada. She received her master’s degree in English Literature from Carleton University and has a degree in Education from the University of Ottawa. Her first novel, “Under A Fairy Moon,” written under the pseudonym “T. M. Wallace” won the Gelett Burgess Children’s Book Award (Fantasy) and the Canadian Christian Writer’s Award (Young Adult Fiction) in 2012. “A Twist of Oleander” is her first mystery novel for adults, and the first book in the Maddie Malone Mystery series.
WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Contact and Buy AKA Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!