Saturday, September 14, 2019

Week 37 Review: Nevernight

In a land where three suns almost never set, a fledgling killer joins a school of assassins, seeking vengeance against the powers who destroyed her family.

Daughter of an executed traitor, Mia Corvere is barely able to escape her father's failed rebellion with her life. Alone and friendless, she hides in a city built from the bones of a dead god, hunted by the Senate and her father's former comrades. But her gift for speaking with the shadows leads her to the door of a retired killer, and a future she never imagined.

Now, a sixteen year old Mia is apprenticed to the deadliest flock of assassins in the entire Republic — the Red Church. Treachery and trials await her with the Church's halls, and to fail is to die. But if she survives to initiation, Mia will be inducted among the chosen of the Lady of Blessed Murder, and one step closer to the only thing she desires.

Revenge. 

My first review of Nevernight
My Review:
Wow, it was really fantastic to read this book again! It's been a while, and while I didn't remember everything, I remembered some of the broad strokes. Like the big betrayal, though not all of the specifics. So it was fantastic to read this book again for Darkdawn!

This book is dark and bloody and wonderful! Mia has so much sass, I love her and Mister Kindly's pokes at one another. She's such an interesting character, not all the way good, after all, she kills people, but not evil, either.

Also, this world is utterly insane in the amount of details. From the hilarious footnotes which added that that extra bit of knowledge, well. There's so many fascinating details, and I can't wait to see them slide together with the next 2 books! 

We learn a lot in this book, from the nightmares that Mia faces, to the first step on the path to finding out more about darkin. I can't wait to learn more, to find out how it's all going to end! I'm just so darned excited for Darkdawn!

Loved this book so much and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Jay Kristoff
Series: The Nevernight Chronicles #1
First Read: August 1st, 2016
Read: September 11th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series so much, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Novels
Published: August 9th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!